Sunday 1 March 2009

Army Armament R85 disassembly videos

After reading many people having problems with the Army Armament R85 on various forums I thought I would post these videos that helped me when repairing the gun after the piston broke a few weeks ago.

The first tooth on the piston that engages with the gears snapped off, probably due to the angle of engagement not being set correctly(more on that later!).

The videos are actually for the G&G L85 but the gun is an exact clone so don't worry.

If you haven't fitted the spacer mod that enables standard AEG pistons to be used I would do so now as this will let you use better quality pistons than the replacement AA or GG one that is longer than the standard AEG pistons.

Here are the videos. Hope they help, if you have any questions just leave a comment below!





1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm thinking about buying my mate's ARMY R85, it's pretty much spares or repair as, since he took it apart, it's never worked since...

    I think the main problem arises in the gearbox, several parts look forced and a spring or two might actually be missing :O

    Is it cost effective to fix/replace the gearbox for an otherwise fine R85?

    I'm hoping to use your videos to find what's missing etc!

    acra

    ReplyDelete